Effective Date/Last Updated: November 1, 2017
Thank you for visiting Insurance Wins (herein referred to as “we”, “us: or “our”). We are committed to keeping our users informed as to our policies regarding the collection and use of their personal information. This policy tells you about how we collect, use, and store your information.
We reserve the right to append or update this Policy at any time without notice. Please revisit this page to check for updates. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Site. Your use of the Site and/or Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
The phrases “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” in this policy refers to information or a combination of information that you provide to us through the Internet or by other means that can be used to uniquely identify you. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, credit or debit card number or other payment information.
3. HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- You Provide it through the Site and Services: We may collect personal information when you provide it through the Site or Services, e.g., when you register or apply to receive quotes or other Services via the Site.
- We Obtain it via Technology as you use the Site and Services: We may collect various information about you using computer technology as you access and use the Site and Services, including browser and device information, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, scripts, session IDs, beacons and other technologies. You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate the Site or use the Services may be hindered.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, such as when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our Site and Services, we and our service providers may use personal information that we have obtained about you as follows:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you quotes, offers, and advertisements via e-mail, calls or text messages.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you (including marketing information from our third party partners and service providers).
- To personalize your experience on the Site and Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in promotions and to administer these activities.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site and/or Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- If we sell our company or our assets and business to a third party, we may transfer all our data, including all of your personal information to such third-party buyer.
5. TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
When you provide a cell phone number to us via the Site or Services, you give your consent for us (or our affiliates or business partners) to call or text you at this number for purposes of getting an auto insurance quote or purchasing an auto insurance policy. You may be called via an automated dialer, artificial/pre-recorded message or sent a text message to ask for additional information or provide an insurance quote. This consent does not require you to purchase any goods or services to receive a free quote. By providing your cell phone number to us via the Site or Services, you agree to be contacted at that number regardless of whether you or someone else is in possession of the cell phone when the contact is made. You may revoke your consent any time either verbally, by email or via U.S. mail.
6. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Without limiting the general information in Sections 3 and 4 of this Policy, this Section discusses specifically how we use the personal information that you provide us in order to generate insurance quotes for you a part of the Services.
The following personal information is collected from you by us in order to allow us to provide target quotes:
- Full Name
- Street Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Vehicle Information
- Driving Information
- Credit information
- Existing insurance information
Once we receive your personal information for a quote, we transmit it electronically to insurance carriers/agents who are in our network in order to match your information with insurance carriers/agents that are likely to provide a quote that will fit your insurance needs.
By clicking “Get Quotes Now”, you authorize InsuranceWins to provide your information to auto insurance carriers, auto insurance agents, both local and national, or to one of our third-party agent networks if our primary agent network has few or no agents in your zip code. You authorize the agent, agent networks or carrier representative to share your information with their vendors, suppliers, and underwriters in order to generate information for your quote(s). You acknowledge that by submitting a quote request to InsuranceWins, you to agree that our providers may obtain a consumer report or credit score from a consumer reporting agency (also known as a credit bureau), and/or a driving record to provide your requested insurance quote or policy information. These reports may be used to provide additional information to determine your rates, eligibility for insurance or be used for updates, renewals or extensions. By clicking submit to obtain a quote, you authorize and agree that you are providing written permission to our providers to obtain your credit report and/or driving record.
You may hear from up to 8 agents or insurance companies by phone, email or text message who want to provide you with quotes. These insurance companies and/or agents may ask you for additional personal information. We do not place any restrictions on how the insurance companies/agents use the personal information that we provide to them about you. We also do not control what the insurance companies/agents do with any additional personal information that they collect directly from you. Once your personal information has been provided to an insurance company/agent, either by you or by us, we are not responsible for how that information is protected, maintained or used by the insurance company/agent. Before you provide any personal information directly to any insurance company or agent, you should inquire with them as to their applicable privacy policies and practices.
7. HOW WE USE GOOGLE ADWORDS AND HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT OF COOKIES
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com .
9. HOW TO OPT OUT OF OUR COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
Every email and text message we send you will have a link to unsubscribe from further communication with us, or you can click here to unsubscribe.
You will need to unsubscribe separately from any email you receive directly from insurance companies or agents who we have contacted on your behalf as part of the shopping/quoting process.
At any time if you wish to Opt Out of any or all marketing communications from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Remove in the subject field. This will remove the email from which the request is sent from our marketing list. If you wish to have your telephone number removed please indicate the number in the body of your email.
To clear cookies from your device on a one-time basis, simply choose ‘Settings’ within your browser, go to ‘History’, and select ‘Clear Cookies’.
10. AGGREGATED INFORMATION
11. WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION FOR LEGAL REASONS
12. YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ERRORS OR CHANGES IN THIS INFORMATION
If you wish to have access to information about you in our records, please contact us with your request at the e-mail address email@example.com You may also request that we update information about you, or request correction of any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding this information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests. In any event, in no event will we be able to provide you with information about you that is not readily personally identifiable in our records.
13. PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTY SITES; ADVERTISERS, VENDORS AND OTHERS
The Site may contain advertisements and links to other sites. Insurance Wins is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any advertisers or linked sites or for the privacy policies or practices of any other third parties. To the extent that you disclose information to any advertisers, linked sites or other third parties, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of information you disclose to them, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies before disclosing information to them.
The Site and Services are not directed toward children under eighteen years old, and Insurance Wins does not knowingly collect or use information from children under the age of eighteen through the Site or Services without first obtaining parental permission.
15. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.